Home Inspection Austin | Thermal Imaging 507-721-3771
Thermal imaging systems were initially designed for war so soldiers could spot their enemy at night by the heat their bodies gave off. Today, thermal imaging for houses, apartments, commercial properties and more helps give a more thorough assessment of potential damage to a home.
With these systems, a certified home inspector can evaluate:
- Electrical systems and whether or not there is a fire hazard from faulty wiring.
- Animal/termite infestations. Infrared cameras detect body heat given out by rats, squirrels, termites and more and helps protect inspectors and home buyers from unexpected encounters.
- Detects water damage and water pooling. Also detects plumbing leaks and leaks around windows or from the roof.
- Shows cold spots where insulation may be gapping, or windows and doors are not properly sealed.
- Helps detect mold growth. Mold can be hazardous to a person’s health and should be treated before anyone lives in that space.
While nothing replaces a thorough inspection by a trained professional, thermal imaging cameras go beyond what the human eye can detect and potentially save home and commercial buyers thousands and tens of thousands of dollars in repair work.
Whether the property is new or old, a thermal imaging camera can give a more thorough inspection than the human eye, detecting problems that might otherwise be overlooked. An investment in property is an emotional as well as financial decision. Be sure you are able to make an informed decision on your next investment by giving us a call today!
Home Inspection Austin | Home Inspector 507-721-3771